Sunday, May 10, 2015

My Reflection

      As the time comes to reflect on our 20 time projects and experiences, I have come to realize my achievements and mistakes. I learned a lot over the past 9 months working on my 20 time project. I have come to realize I didn't accomplish what I wanted to from this. In the begging of the year I wanted to make my project huge and I wanted to do something that people would enjoy as much as me. As we got farther into the year I really lost the passion in my project. I feel like I didn't want to do it anymore as I once did. I really wish I did more with it though because it was such a cool idea. When I was talking to people I actually really enjoyed my project and wanted to continue to do it all day. I loved talking to people and meeting new people, but I didn't really like listening then typing out all my interviews.  I am a bit disappointed in myself that I didn't go out to more parts of Detroit like I planned but I did meet a bunch of interesting people where I did go.
        I feel like I progressively got lazier in keeping up with my project. As I began to lose interest in my project it became harder to write these blog posts. I always felt like I had so much on my plate and that this was just another thing I had to do. As the end approached I realized how much I have learned and liked about my project. I think I am going to continue to work on this project after this year is over or even try something new when I don't have so much going on. I think because I researched "Humans of New York" I had high expectations in what kind of people I wanted to meet. I wanted to meet people who not only had amazing stories but looked really unique. This wasn't the best mentality going into my project. Working on my project really helped me work on talking to strangers and not being afraid of them. It was a good way to help me become even more outgoing then I already am. Yes, my 20 time project was a bit of a failure but the important thing was that I learned from it and went out and met some awesome people. Overall I really like the idea and concept of 20 time, I just think kids get lazy because they don't enjoy their project enough. I think Mr. Provenzano should continue to do this next year so other kids can also accept their mistakes and enjoy their accomplishments.  

No comments:

Post a Comment